Here is a list of some of the readings for my upcoming Seminar in Autism at the College:
1. Helping Children with Autism Learn: Treatment Approaches for Parents and Professionals (Paperback) by Bryna Siegel, Oxford U. Press (USED IN PREVIOUS COURSE)
2. Marcello in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork (USED IN PREVIOUS COURSE). Paperback ok
3. Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell (USED IN PREVIOUS COURSE) Paperback ok
4. The Anti-Romantic Child: A Story of Unexpected Joy, Patricia Gilman, Harper ISBN-10: 0061690279 (NEW FOR THIS COURSE)
5. Cipani, Ennio, & Schock, Keven. Functional Behavioral Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment: A Complete System for Education and Mental Health Settings, Second Edition [Paperback], Springer, 2011 2nd edition, ISBN-10: 0826106048
(NEW FOR THIS COURSE)
I am also considering requiring that all students link on Twitter in order to share ideas about Autism and to maintain digital journals to flesh out their thoughts. I might also have them participate in some twitter based chats that already exist online.
Wondering if folks out there have some other suggestions. I want this to be the best seminar I've taught. Thanks!